Wednesday, January 30, 2013

STRENGTH

Most everyone that knows me, knows my mom is a breast cancer survivor.  This June it will be 10 years.  1-0-Y-E-A-R-S!  I'm not sure if it has seemed longer or shorter.  What I do know is breast cancer changed all of us.  Never in my whole life did I expect to hear breast cancer from a doctor who my family had not only known for many years, but trusted and loved as well...

I think about the days my mom battled cancer often...from the discovery, to the mastectomy, to the chemo and it's residual effects.  I think about it all.  One word always comes to my mind when I think about everything she has gone thru and everything she will still have to endure because of cancer and the chemo...STRENGTH.  She, while she might not think she was strong then or now she was and is...  I wish I had just a portion of the strength she had/has.  

Today as I read thru the dozen or so blogs I follow, I came across my favorite.  This photographer (who I have talked about before on my Facebook page) is a breast cancer survivor as well.  She takes the most beautiful photographs and is always so encouraging.  Her whole philosophy on life is awesome.  Today  as I read her blog I bawled.  Her words, which aren't always correct (English isn't her first language), are always so moving.  Today she posted about her journey.  She posted very personal pictures.  Pictures that some might find dirty, but to someone who knows the toll breast cancer can take on a person and family, I found them beautiful and inspiring.  Her blog post is HERE.  I hope you take the time to read it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment